Scope of duties
As a Scrum Master you’ll develop and lead high-performing, multi-discipline team, instilling in them a clear vision and a passionate drive. You’ll play a leading role in fulfilling the vision, driving the implementation of IT products and setting standards for the teams to follow.
- Industry: multinational distribution of IT products and services
- Type of project: building and supporting existing capabilities for online e-commerce products and services
- Location: Warsaw – Włochy, al. Jerozolimskie
- Remote work: 2 days per week (after induction)
- Project language: English
- Project length: indefinite
- Assignment start date: ASAP
- Ownership and accountability of establishing agile values, methods, principles and practices for the delivery of projects and products.
- A building of a self-organized team. Facilitate agile ceremonies, e.g. product backlog refinement, preplanning, planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives.
- Conflicts resolution.
- Enables the exploration of different agile approaches.
- Coach and mentor team members on agile standards and best practices, e., Lean, Kanban, Scrum, DevOps, SAFe etc.
- Manage stakeholders and vendors interfaces as required for the product.
- Challenging and improving the operation of the team, improving their performance and capabilities.
- Build operating models that value ownership, responsibility, responsiveness, predictability, and Remove blockers.
- Collaborate closely with Product Owner to prepare and clarify the product backlog.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog
- As a problem solver, you eliminate conflicts, assist your team in developing appropriate solution strategies, and keep an eye on potential future tensions.
- You observe your team in the cooperation and the application of agile methods and deduce from it measures, e.g. training and de-escalations.
- Together, you and other (senior) Scrum Masters, agile specialists and coaches on all organizational levels work together.
- You represent the team interests towards relevant stakeholders and work out improvement for areas of tension within the agile transformation.
- Actively participates in communities.
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and coaching them to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving.
- Support the team to improve their technical work by reviewing results and establish lessons learned as well as track the improvement. Facilitates getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- It is characterized by a high level of commitment and the will to develop high-performance teams.
- Basic IT and software development skills. Soft skills are more important for this role.
- A can-do attitude, result driven and openness to learning.
- Openness to new ideas and a desire to develop them together.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong collaborative problem solver.
- Experience in coaching and training individuals and teams in Agile concepts and practices.
- Experience in facilitation, collaboration and soft-skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience inside and outside of the teams. Scrum Master certification.
- Experience in agile practices using Scrum, Kanban, SAFe or LeSS.
- Willing to travel
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Language skills: very good English, one additional European language preferred
- Stable long-term cooperation based on employment contract
- Challenging work in a thought international environment and a great potential for personal development
- Parking place and participation in a language course
- Possibility to join sports, health and life insurance program
- High career advancement opportunities